CHAPTER 12 LEARNING TARGETS
· I can describe examples of force and identify appropriate SI units used to measure force
· I can explain how the motion of an object is affected when balanced and unbalanced forces act on it.
· I can compare and contrast the four kinds of friction
· I can describe how Earth’s gravity and air resistance affect falling objects
· I can describe the path of a projectile and identify the forces that produce projectile motion.
I can describe Newton’s first law of motion and its relation to inertia
· I can describe Newton’s second law of motion and use it to calculate acceleration, force and mass values
· I can relate the mass of an object to its weight
· I can explain how action and reaction forces are related according to Newton’s third law of motion
· I can calculate the momentum of an object and describe what happens when momentum is conserved during a collision
· I can identify the forms of electromagnetic force that can both attract and repel
· I can identify and describe the universal forces acing within the nucleus
· I can define Newton’s law of universal gravitational and describe the factors affecting gravitational force
· I can describe centripetal force and the type of motion it produces