Chapter 3 Learning Targets
· I can describe the 5 states of matter
· I can classify materials as solids liquids or gases
· I can draw a diagram and describe the alignment of molecules in solids liquids and gases
· I can explain the behavior of gases, liquids and solids, using kinetic theory.
· I can define pressure and gas pressure
· I can identify factors that affect gas pressure
· I can predict changes in gas pressure due to changes in temperature, volume, and number of particles
· I can explain Charles’s law, Boyle’s law and the combined gas law.
· I can apply laws to solve problems involving gases.
· I can describe Phase change
· I can explain how temperature can be used to recognize a phase change.
· I can explain what happens to the motion, arrangement, and average kinetic energy of water molecules during phase changes.
· I can describe each of the six phase changes.
· I can identify phase changes as endothermic or exothermic.