· I can describe ancient Greek models of matter.
· I can list the main points of Dalton’s atomic theory and describe his evidence for the existence of atoms.
· I can explain how Thomson and Rutherford used data from experiments to produce their atomic models.
· I can identify three subatomic particles and compare their properties.
· I can distinguish the atomic number of an element form the mass number of an isotope, and use these numbers to describe the structure of atoms.
· I can describe Bohr’s model of the atom and the evidence for energy levels.
· I can explain how the electron cloud model represents the behavior and locations of electrons in atoms.
· I can distinguish the ground state from excited states of an atom based on electron configurations.