I am available to assist students with a variety of educational and personal concerns. The purpose of this service is to help the student resolve or deal with concerns that affect their school performance.
The counselor can help students:
· To identify, clarify and deal with their personal concerns
· To make appropriate plans of action or clarify choices
· To develop organization or other skills needed for success
How do we get started ???
1. A student can request to see the counselor by asking their teacher or the counselor directly. Parents will be notified when the child is working with the counselor if they see him more than two times concerning any single issue.
2. A parent can request that the counselor work with their child by contacting the counselor or classroom teacher via note, phone call, e-mail or in person.
3. A teacher can request that the counselor see a student by submitting a referral form. In this event, the teacher or counselor will notify the parent if the student is seen by the counselor more than two times concerning any single issue.
Helping each child develop to their fullest potential is only possible when we all work together. For this reason, the counselor consults with parents and teachers to help plan appropriate activities and services for each student.
These consultations can be in the form of:
· Parent/Teacher/Counselor conferences
· Phone conferences
· Private one-on-one conferences
Often these conferences are scheduled directly before or after school or during the school day. However, they can be scheduled at your convenience.
How can I schedule a conference???
1. Contact the teacher or school office.
2. Contact the counselor directly.
(by phone, letter, E-mail or in person)
The counselor often serves as a resource for information about public and private programs and services available to families or students through outside agencies.
· Private and public counseling services
· Community or governmental agencies and services
· Special issues and needs groups
· (chemical dependency, loss/grief, anger, add/adhd, emotional functioning, parent support, etc.)
· Professional organizations and businesses
Anyone interested in or in need of this information should contact the school counselor.