Mrs. Rawlins – Room 204
440-466-4831 ext. 4000 or email@example.com
Notebook for notes and vocabulary OR Loose leaf paper for your binder
Three ring binder Note cards
1. Good attendance is the cornerstone for success in this class. It is difficult to take notes and understand daily lesson information if you are not present to hear discussions, lectures and explanations. Please be:
On time. We begin class promptly as soon as the bell rings and you are expected to be in your seat and ready to begin. After 3 tardies you will receive one detention for each subsequent tardy.
Prepared for the daily assignments (books, writing utensils, homework).
2. There will be daily bell ringer activities on the overhead or the whiteboard in front of the class. These will be graded on a daily basis.
3. There is a no cell phone policy. Your phone must be powered off and put away. If your phone is out, it will be confiscated and turned in to the office and you will be subject to disciplinary action.
4. Please be aware that plagiarized assignments will be given a grade of Zero and will also be referred to the assistant principal for further disciplinary actions.
Course Grading Scale:
1. Be on time and prepared for class.
2. Please do not bring food or drink into the classroom.
3. Please do not write on the desks.
4. Be respectful to your classmates and teacher.
Mythology is a course designed to improve your skills in these areas
*Communication-listening, writing and speaking *Vocabulary Development
*Critical Thinking and Research *Reading Comprehension
Students must bring to class every day
*a pencil and/or blue or black pen *your issued Textbook
*Paper or notebook *Binder
Mythology students will be provided with a Classical and World Mythology textbook
You will need to have your binder for daily work but you may leave this notebook in the classroom when not in use
You will be issued copies of handouts that you will need to keep until the end of the class
Your grade in this class is based on a point system. Points are earned for
*Bell Work *Group work/class work *Vocabulary Work
*Writing Assignments *Note-Taking *Participation
It’s the student’s responsibility to make up any missed work including notes. All make up assignments are kept in the absent binder designated for the specific class.
Late work will be accepted at the teacher’s discretion for a reduced score
*BE ON TIME *BE PREPARED *BE RESPECTFUL