Hello Geneva Students and Families,
This information is from the robo-call that was sent on Friday, January 8, 2021 (at 6pm).
1. On Monday, January 11th, Geneva Schools will reopen fully for in-person instruction. Students will attend on a 4-day a week schedule. Students will attend on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday each week. Students will not attend on Wednesdays as this will continue to be a student online support day and sanitizing day for the district.
2. Students and families that chose the online only option are encouraged to remain online until at least the end of the first semester. If fully online students wish to return, please notify your child's school and plan to return in-person on Monday, January 25th.
3. Students that are returning in-person should bring their Chromebooks and power cords to school when they return. Teachers will check the status of the Chromebooks and they will be used in the classroom. More instructions will be provided by the classroom teachers.
4. Breakfast and Lunch will continue to be provided to all students free of charge for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. Pick-up times for online students or others not in school have changed beginning on Monday, January 11th. Bagged meals can be picked-up at all elementary buildings from 9:30 am - 10:30 am and at Geneva Middle School and Geneva High School from 9 am - 10 am daily.
5. Additional details about the new robo-calling system and attendance calls, along with this information can be found on our website at genevaschools.org under NEWS on the main page of the website.
Thank you and have a great evening and a wonderful weekend! Happy New Year!
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ( 1/8/21) - CONCERNING: (1) New Robo-call system, (2) Possible Duplicate Attendance Calls, (3) New Chromebooks (2021-to-1)...
*(1) A new robo-calling system has been initiated. If there are issues, please contact the Board of Education Office at (440) 466-4831.
*(2) With our new robo-calling system, parents may receive duplicates calls regarding absences of students as we coordinate this information. Please be patient as we make sure our new system is operational before the old system is taken offline. We apologize for any inconvenience.
*(3) Our purchase of 1,100 new Chromebooks have arrived. We will be distributing devices to students that do not have a device. The new devices will allow our district to be one-to-one... 2021-to-1 ! We are excited to have this capability as we move forward and hope the new resources provide an additional tool for our students and staff.